I’m a game developer & designer who has also done a fair share of other software development, usually with a performance-critical angle.
I have a semi-idle Facebook account. Please add me as a friend only if you personally know me well.
And here is my LinkedIn Profile page. Similarly, please add me as a contact only if you have been in touch with me regarding work-related things.
I also have a Twitter account, which I usually check once or twice per week.
I have also YouTube account. Most of my uploads are demoscene videos, usually things where I have been part of the team who made the production – but not for all of them. There are also some things which I just like and have video-captured & uploaded.
And last but not least, my Google+ profile, of course.
And here is a nerdy collection of other stuff:
Things I’m generally quite familiar with:
- Programming: C, C++, C#, Java, Perl, OpenGL, OpenGL ES
- OS/Platforms: Microsoft Windows, Linux (server/workstation/embedded), Mac OS X, iOS, Android, Unity3D
- Natural languages: English (excellent), Finnish (native), Swedish (basics)
Some other software development related keywords I know stuff about:
Keywords about things I have used in some form in the past, but I haven’t been really using at least for some years:
· Member of GDC Europe 2013 main advisory board
· Member of GDC Europe 2012 main advisory board
· 1st place in alternative demo competition of The Alternative Party 2011 (digital culture festival) – Scanline / Youtube
· Member of GDC Europe 2011 summit advisory board (Smartphone & Tablet Games Summit)
· scene.org awards nomination for best graphics – Grandma by Rustbloom (in Youtube)
· Technical Achievement award in IGF Mobile (Independent Games Festival Mobile) – Stair Dismount™ (iOS)
· Included in The Game Developer 50 (list of most influential thinkers and doers) in Game Developer Magazine Nov 2009 issue
· 3rd place in Assembly’09 4KB intro competition
· 2nd place in Assembly’08 game development competition – Sauna Dismount™ – Kiuasturvat™
· Finalist in 10th annual Independent Games Festival – Cinnamon Beats
· 3rd place in Assembly’07 game development competition – Cinnamon Beats
· Finalist in 9th annual Independent Games Festival – Racing Pitch
· Finalist in MindTrek 2006 – Racing Pitch
· 2nd place in Assembly’06 game development competition – Racing Pitch
· 2nd place in Assembly’06 4KB intro competition – Andromedary
· 1st place in “Mind Your Game” casual game contest arranged by MindTrek 2005 & Neogames – Pogo Sticker
· 1st place in Khronos OpenGL ES Coding Challenge Demo/Special FX category – San Angeles Observation OpenGL ES version
· Winner in the 18th IOCCC (International Obfuscated C Code Contest) – Most sonorous output
· 3rd place in Assembly’05 game development competition – Pogo Sticker
· 4th place in Assembly’05 4KB intro competition – Blobzilla 4000 by Northern Dragons
· 4th place in Assembly’05 demo competition – The Line Age by Armada/Trauma
· 1st place in Assembly’04 4KB intro competition – San Angeles Observation (Nominated by Scene.org awards as best 4KB intro of year 2004)
· 3rd place in Assembly’04 intro competition – Parallaksirasva – Parallax Fat
· 4th place in Assembly’04 game development competition – Dismount™ Levels Preview
· 1st place in Assembly’03 game development competition – Truck Dismount™ – Rekkaturvat™
· 4th place in Assembly’03 intro competition – Skid Wrinkles – Jarrurypyt
· 1st place in Assembly’02 game development competition – Porrasturvat™ – Stair Dismount™
· 2nd place in Assembly’02 4KB intro competition – Nafta
· 4th place in Assembly’02 demo competition – Fable
· 5th place in Assembly’02 mobile demo competition – Kumiakku – Rubber Battery (native)
· 5th place in Assembly’02 intro competition – Neuroosiverkko – Neurosis Network
· 4th place in Assembly’01 demo competition – Pirtuaalitodellisuus
· 2nd place in 5th annual Obfuscated Perl Contest WWW-category
· 4th place in Assembly’99 3D-accelerated demo competition – Käyttökuksa
· 1st place in screen saver competition arranged by Valio and Kiss FM
· 1st place in Assembly’98 demo competition – Gateways
· 4th place in Assembly’98 Java demo competition – golden kypersumppi
· Finalist in second Disccover game programming competition
· 3rd place in Assembly’97 demo competition – Mindtrap
· Finalist in first Disccover game programming competition
· 1st place in Assembly’96 demo competition – Machines of Madness
Some projects I have been part of:
- Chairman of the Board in non-profit organization tAAt ry.
- Making demos in “demoscene”. Check out the “Awards” list above for some examples.
- Other personal coding projects including mini/prototype games and utilities.
- Having some fun with things like Lego Mindstorms, Arduino or Raspberry Pi every now and then.
The block below tells a few more details about me.
If you are wondering what geek code is, check out The Geek Code -website.
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
GCS d- s: a C++(++++)$ ULS+++$ P++($) L+(++)@($) E(++)
W+++ N+ !o !K w++(+++)$ !O M$ !V !PS !PE Y(+) PGP->+ t+
5+ X- R- tv b+ DI+ D G e>+++ h---(++) r+++ y+++
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------